Follow Us @abellasbeauty

Friday, March 6, 2009

Gucci Rush Perfume for men by Gucci

Even though I’m not a great fan of Rush for men by Gucci, I must write this review. My best friend is a Gucci Rush addict as well as a fan of Chic by Carolina Herrera, but this last one will be reviewed later.

First, I must admit the bottle presentation has nothing to do with those beautiful Gucci bottles everyone finds so attractive and luxurious in department stores. I must say I do not judge a book by its cover, but I was impressed by the lack of magnificence of this cassette type perfume. Well, probably it is a masculine presentation and that is why my friend likes it so much; he insists it is inconspicuous, like a light-weight gadget, or an Ipod, etc …Uhh! It sounds perfect to me since I hate to carry heavy perfumes when I travel, if you know what I mean….Women should be as low key as men.

I have read several reviews, some negatives and others positive. Mine will be neutral; since I have to admit Gucci is one of my favorite designers lately, together with Dior and Givenchy…I can’t help myself!

I am a fan of woody notes, incense, and musk (this is my favorite). I love Oriental type perfumes and probably that is the reason why I have agreed to review this masculine gadget-type perfume.

The first note that you detect is Lavender, which goes away after a few minutes and leaves you with a calming and relaxing sensation. This sensation last enough to bring back some good memories. Followed to this you will note the Cedar Wood, Patchouli and incense components, very well handled and balanced. On top of that, the woody dry incense notes get even more intense when other woody components are added, such as Okoumé wood, Sandalwood and Musk. This fragrance is nothing short of sublime; on the contrary, it’s a very masculine, uplifting, and powerfully concentrated strong scent. Gucci Rush is as strong spicy wood as the Cedar tree, native of Western Himalaya and the Mediterranean region.

Himalaya! Uhmm…it should tell us something about the fragrance itself. Is it not in Himalaya were the Tibetan Monks and the Lama resides? And where harmony, serenity, rejuvenation, and health are being looked for? Aren’t the Monks minimalists as well? Like this rectangle cassette box perfume.

Every single perfume out there has a meaning, a memory inspiration, a reason for what it was created. Specially this fragrance introduced in the 2000 where youth, serenity and harmony became so important for young people as well as those in the 30’s and 40’s. Probably, the intense woody notes are a meaning for strength of youngsters to triumph over life’s complexities.

My friend insists he feels younger when he wears it. It must work on his skin so perfectly that the sexy Patchouli note and the incense smell make him feel that way. It’s just a very simple fragrance with a strong character.

I once tried Gucci Rush for women, I was 24 back then, and I was totally disgusted by it. I think I hated Gucci for over 6 years until I tried Gucci Envy, a totally different story.

Even though, I am not a fan of the Gucci Rush line the fragrance smells great on my friend, and that is the reason why I’m writing this review. I was very young when I tried Gucci Rush the first time, and not very savvy about fragrances and notes back then. Now, and after ten long years wearing fragrances such as Coty, Chanel, Dior, Givenchy, Guerlain, Bond No 9, Laura Ashley and Clive Christian’s Collection, I should say that I truly understand why a fragrance such as Gucci Rush has so many followers. It’s a strong, masculine, sexy, and youthful at the same time.

You are welcome to drop a line, and to comment on this review.
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment